Thursday, June 30, 2016

Burgaw Sale Score

Today, June 30th, I went on a little adventure.  I once again visited the town of Burgaw.  The first time I went, there wasn't much to see, but today was different.  It's about 35 minutes from home and...you guys!  I live in THE country!  

The drive is on NC 53, a two lane road, through farms and fields and TREES.  This state has more trees than California and several other states combined!   I passed hog farms, blueberry farms, corn fields and farm houses (and log trucks). Where there isn't a farm, there's trees and foliage so thick you can't even imagine.  Crossing a section of the Cape Fear river, you almost can't tell there's a body of water in there because of the thick foliage.  There's no sense in taking photos of the trees.  There's just no way to capture the enormous amount in a photo!

Anyway, an auction house in Burgaw advertised on Facebook that they were having a huge sale today, tomorrow and Saturday. I hadn't heard of them before so I made plans to go.
Stover Auction House

 I got there a half hour before it opened and there were already cars in the lot with people waiting for it to start.  We had to sign in on a sheet of paper on the door.  They were going to let you in, in order of arriving.  I was 18th.  Someone came out and offered pieces of paper marked "SOLD" so that if you found something you wanted you could put your name on the paper and leave it on furniture pieces.

I wandered the aisles looking at everything.  If I could have transported furniture items, I would have!  As usual, I go for things I can carry and sell on Etsy.  It was fun going through some linen items like tablecloths and aprons.  The room was packed and I waited in line to pay for almost an hour.  All in all, I spent $30 total and came away with about 10 items.  The prices were great and many items that I can post on my Etsy shop:

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/PicketfencesVintage

It will be a few days before I post the new items since they need washing, ironing and research before I can do that.

After I left the sale, I visited a thrift store and two antique stores in town.  There were several more antique stores I could have gone in, but I was pooping out by then.

I  think I heard their staff say they will have another sale like this near the end of July.  If I'm able, I'll be there!







3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! A great day for you. Can't wait to see the new items on etsy

Elaina M. Avalos said...

So awesome!

Patty said...

Can't wait to see them either! What a great time - I wish I could go too!!