Saturday, July 30, 2016

Well people, we did it.  We moved over the weekend.  We are still settling in of course, but at least the heavy work is done.

We had a local moving company come and pack up a 26 foot UHaul truck that Elaina drove "like a boss" putting it in her words.  There were 3 strapping young men from the moving company that worked and sweated in high 90's temp. with about the same in humidity. Elaina has used this company before, so she knew they were good, but I was impressed.  They introduced themselves, shook our hands coming and going and were pleasant and polite all day.

So, we no longer live off of Burgaw Highway and Haws Run. Now we live off of Piney Green and "Old Thirty."  I love the street names around here.  So North Carolina. Have I mentioned there's a lot of trees here?  From this picture you can see what is behind our backyard.  Nothing but trees.  Some pines and some hardwoods.  There's probably deer and other creatures "out there."  I don't expect to find them inside the house like at the old house!  We do have a swallows' nest just inside the front porch area.  I think there are babies in there.




(Our house is where the pin is.)

Elaina did a herculean job of cleaning at the old house on Sunday and emptying boxes at the new house to try and get the kitchen set up.  She had to go to work this morning and I'm sure she had some sore muscles to take with her.


I'm getting settled in my new bedroom and bathroom and happy to have a home.  The owners had some wild choices in paint colors but I'm learning to like them! My room is half hot pink and half lemon yellow!  My bathroom is kind of an electric green.  I had to go to Walmart today and buy different towels and a bath mat.  In white!  I decided that was the best way to go.

Bad pic. but it IS hot pink


Elaina is letting me have another smaller room to use for my Etsy stuff and I can set up my sewing machine in there.   Because we now have a garage, I was able to empty my unit at Autrey Self Storage.  (Remember, Mr. Autry delivered a chair to me from my storage unit?)  All my stuff from California is now in our garage. That's saving me a little bit of money!

If you could pray that I will be able to have a home of my own sometime soon, that would be great.  I'm happy and grateful to have a place to live, but I have lived in other people's homes since about 2005.  I think it's time!  Thanks for reading!

No comments: