Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day BBQ

We're having rain today from subtropical storm Alberto.  It has rained constantly all day long.  We are under flood watch, but there's no flooding near me.

I just got home from a community meal here at my building.  One of the residents, "Miss Bertha" (who I've never seen, nor met) has a son who owns and operates a BBQ restaurant and/or food truck called Dem Boyz BBQN.  He brought everything needed for everyone to have a nice meal!  He told me he does this every year on Memorial Day and on Labor Day.  I believe him, because he seemed to know all the residents who have been here for years, and he knew that a few of us are new!  He's a big gregarious guy who seems to love what he does.

And of course, we're in the South, so his Mama prayed for our meal before we started.

He brought BBQ, which in NC is pulled pork, beef brisket, ribs, sausage and a few hamburgers along with macaroni and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw, rice and beans, and potato salad.  And, of course the Southern official dessert: banana pudding!  His Mama made sure the banana pudding came!  😊

He told me he loves doing this more than we love having him come.  There was so much left and he insisted we take home a plate for later or tomorrow.  I've only had NC BBQ a couple of times, but this was by far the best I've had.  Will look forward to Labor Day!





4 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! What a great guy and great food. So glad you enjoyed it.

Patty said...

Now that’s Southern Hospitality! Lucky you!!

Glenn said...

Yum! I'm booking a flight to NC for Labor Day!

Elaina M. Avalos said...

So cool. I'm so glad they do those kinds of things.