Sunday, August 28, 2016

End of August...Misc. Thoughts


  • I went to Stovers Auction House sale on Thursday in Burgaw and found a few great things to list on Etsy.  It was a fun day being around other people who appreciate antiques.  It seems to me that people who appreciate antiques and vintage items, are just nice people. 


  • When I have listened to the news on TV, I have thought in the back of my mind, that it sounds different than in California.  It hit me the other day, why it sounds different.  I know, you're thinking, well, duh.  But here's why. There is so much "country" between towns and cities here in Eastern North Carolina, that when an accident happens, or there's a crime committed, the reporters usually say that it happened in _____county. For instance, "An accident on highway 17 in Onslow County..."  Or "Big rig turned over on highway 24 in Carteret County."   They seldom actually say a city name because the accident probably wasn't anywhere near the town!  In California, events are usually named in the city they actually happened in.  In So-Cal, one city runs right into the next city, and often you don't even know you've crossed into the next city.  There are probably areas in Riverside County, CA more spread out, but the norm is city after city without space in between! Anyway, that's just a thought about living in the "country."
  • Went to church last night (First Baptist of Jacksonville, or as they call themselves FBJAX). Was reminded that they bought 400 Law Enforcement Bible/devotionals for Jacksonville P.D. and Onslow County sheriffs.  I love that they did that. Several officers are part of the church.


  • Had my first Bojangles dinner last night.  It came in a box 

and was chicken fingers, fries and a biscuit.  Yes, it was yummy. I saved the biscuit to eat this morning with some honey!


  • There's a possibility of thunder showers tonight and for the next two days due to a tropical depression near the Florida Keys.  We're still in hurricane season, so who knows what will come next...
I hear Elaina in the kitchen preparing to barbecue some hamburgers, so I better go see if I can help.





1 comment:

Sue said...

Very nice. Thank you!