Thursday, March 24, 2016

Random Observations

Just more random observations of North Carolina:

1. There is no graffiti here!

2. Speed limit downtown Jacksonville is...20.  Not 25, 20!  The bridge I take to get down there is only 35 mph, but most of roadways are 45 mph.

3. City of Jacksonville has a fountain at city hall called the Freedom Fountain.  They switch the lights on it to coordinate with holidays and special days like this:
75th Anniversary of 2nd Marine Division, USMC

4.  I love yellow blinking left turn arrows!    I don't remember seeing them in California, but maybe they are in some places.

5. Because of the enormous amount of pine trees here, in the spring, the yellow pollen covers everything.  And I mean everything. This is my car windshield. It's actually all over my car.


6. There are so many abandoned farm houses, barns and out buildings (especially in the country) that there are Facebook pages and photographers dedicated to them.  I just found a whole Pinterest board of photos of abandoned houses, etc.

https://www.pinterest.com/oldhouses21/old-houses-in-north-carolina/


Moving to a new place opens your eyes to a lot of neat things!











4 comments:

Patty said...

I think a 20 mph limit would drive me crazy....but I'm so "California"!!

Cynthia Avalos said...

Driving here is so much more relaxed for me!

Sue said...

So glad you are loving your new home. :)

Cynthia Avalos said...

Definitely do.