Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday

Elaina and I went to River of Life Church this morning, to the 10:00 service.  It was their third one of the day and they had one more to go.  The parking lot extended onto the grass and the church was packed.

The singing/worship time was contemporary, which I'm used to, and very lively.  The sermon was very good, encouraging and convicting, as it should be.

As I was sitting there among everyone, I couldn't help but think of the multiracial-ness of the people there.  The room was made up of about half caucasian, and half black.  Now mind you, I'm sure there were other nationalities and races present, as well as mixed races, to be sure.  But just to look around you could say it was half and half.

With all the terrible things going on between blacks and whites in other parts of the country, the country could take a lesson from the Christian church in the south.  Specifically in this case North Carolina.  It's been my experience that the races get along very well here, even outside of the church.  I don't understand why there has to be so much of the racial unrest in other parts of the country.  

Well, I know, I'm probably naive. But who would have thought that the SOUTH would be the place where I see more camaraderie between races, than where I'm from originally?

Elaina fixed a nice dinner, I made deviled eggs and baked a banana bread (from a box).  It has rained steadily all day long.  It was a very nice day all in all.

Elaina is off work tomorrow, so if the weather is good, we might go do some exploring.  Happy Easter everyone!






2 comments:

Sue said...

So glad you enjoyed the church service. We went to Christa's church yesterday. Nice service.

Patty said...

Thoughtful remarks...thanks Cindy. I went to Easter service all by myself for the first time in my life! Wayne is on a week-long 4WD trip in the desert!