Sunday, April 17, 2016

Morehead City and Beyond

This morning I read an article on Our State magazine about three antique stores that are three of the most popular ones in NC.  All I said to Elaina was, "We should go to this one in Morehead City sometime."

Well, Elaina said, "Let's go today."  She wanted to go to the "Friendly Market" in Morehead City anyway to buy our produce. This is a place that has local fruits and vegetables, a shop with homemade-like cakes, pies, breads, etc. and a plant nursery. 



The antique store was Seaport Antiques (Morehead City is a seaport) and was a really good one.  I bought some vintage buttons and a seashell but that was all.  The wind was so strong there today, that the proprietress had to keep the door locked or the wind was blowing the door open.  So, she had to let us in and lock the door again.

From there Elaina said, "Let's just drive over the bridge to Beaufort." So, we did.   From there she said, "Let's just drive to (what she calls) the end of the world. Want to go?  Should we? " There's no sense in asking me if I want to go.  Of course I want to go.  

That took us out to Cedar Island which is as far as you can drive without ending up in the water.  We stopped at the ferry long enough to use the "rest area"  and let Abby go potty.  Someday we will take the ferry to the Outer Banks!


The red flag is where we were and the ferry takes you to the Outer Banks,
 that narrow strip of land out in the ocean.
I had to make this photo huge in order to read the words.





We got home about 6:00! We were gone all day!

I'm so glad this girl has an adventurous spirit because I get to benefit from it!  She doesn't know just how much these trips mean to me.  I spent a lot of time in California not going anywhere or doing anything fun.  This is ALL fun to me.  Traveling around seeing new places and new things...I'm blessed.  That's for sure.


5 comments:

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Glad you had fun. :)

Patty said...

You certainly deserve all the adventure you're experiencing now! And no one appreciates it like you do!!

Cynthia Avalos said...

Thanks to you!

Cynthia Avalos said...

Thanks Patty!

Sue said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying NC. Elaine's adventurous spirit comes from you. You were always willing to find a new thing to see.