Friday, April 1, 2016

March is Gone, April is here!


I may have said it before, but I bought myself a sewing machine for my birthday last month. My mom always had a sewing machine around.  When we were younger, she made us some clothes and a kitchen curtain or two, or three.  She also made several quilts over the years.  That sewing machine sold in the estate sale.  Any sewing I ever did was 1. Home EC class in junior high, 2. Curtains for my own home.  But, mom was always there showing me what to do and helping me along.

I bought this new machine that was very economical, but fancy for me. 


  1.  It has 25 different stitches
  2.  It has an automatic needle threader thingy
  3.  It has presser feet for blind hems, button holes, sewing on a button, and doing a narrow rolled hem.
  4.  It has directions right on it for threading the machine and the bobbin. So easy!


The best part of having this (without mom to tell me what to do) is that there are so many youtube videos showing just how to make some things.  They have been so helpful!  I have made pot holders, pillow covers and aprons. I'm going to recover my ironing board cover next and a cover for the sewing machine.

I also had a great month for Etsy sales.  Well, great for me.  I had seven orders last month.  I was going to the Post Office every few days!  I hope April will be even better for sales, but I will need to get out to some new thrift stores and look for inventory. The next towns I want to visit are Burgaw, and Richlands.  They are both about a half hour away. Hopefully they have what I'm looking for.

Looking forward to spring here.  Green and flowers are popping out everywhere!  (So are my allergies)




2 comments:

Sue said...

You are making me want to sew again! I will have to take my sewing machine in to get cleaned though and it will be a while before I have any time to think about sewing. I'm glad you are having fun and doing well with easy.
Back to emptying boxes!

Cynthia Avalos said...

I'm having fun!