Monday, May 2, 2016

Etsy Shop Item


Yesterday I listed a sterling silver tatting shuttle in my Etsy shop. Six people had viewed it by the end of the day.  I had an email from a potential customer asking if I would take about a third of my asking price for it.  Uhh, no.  I just listed it and need to see if it will sell at my asking price.  One similar to mine just sold on Etsy for roughly the same price.  


Here's my shuttle.  It's marked "Sterling N&H."   The N & H stand for Nussbaum and Hunold who were jewelry makers and silversmiths in the early 1900s.  I am including the English antique crochet hook with it.  

I found this shuttle at a thrift store that was having a "yard sale" in front of the store.  It was laying on a table with a bunch of other yard sale-like items and some junk.  It didn't have a price on it, but the shop clerk asked the owner for a price.  He hesitantly told me $5, but complimented me on my good eye for finding it.  After doing research on it, I find that it is worth 20 times that.

This is the kind of thing that makes this fun and interesting.  Doing research on items is half the fun.  Actually selling them...icing on the cake.  Let's hope I sell this one for what I have asked.

By the way, every vintage fountain pen I had except for one has sold for very good prices.  Who would have thought?

5 comments:

Patty said...

Good job, Cindy! You DO have a good eye, and it looks like you're in the right place to be finding treasures!

Patty said...

Good job, Cindy! You DO have a good eye, and it looks like you're in the right place to be finding treasures!

Sue said...

I'm glad you didn't sell it when the first person asked. You will get a good price from someone who knows a deal when they see it.

Cynthia Avalos said...

Thanks Patty! Hope all is well with you.

Cynthia Avalos said...

I hope so!