Friday, February 5, 2016

Just More Random

I didn't feel very good earlier this week, but I woke up today feeling good, so I went shopping!  I needed a few things from the Vitamin Shoppe and also stopped at some thrift stores. There wasn't anything for me in those stores unfortunately.  Actually, maybe that's a good thing.

We had some strong wind and rain earlier in the week along with thunder and lightning. Because there are so many trees in the backyard, the deck was covered in twigs and small branches that blew down. I should go out and sweep but it's too cold right now.


We occasionally get much larger branches that fall like these:


One day recently I heard one of these fall and hit the roof and then hit the A/C.  I thought the roof was caving in. I'm glad neither one of us or the dog was out there at the time!


Something that California drivers might like to hear:  Drivers turning left with a left turn arrow must yield to drivers turning right from the opposite side of the intersection.   So, say you have a left turn arrow and you start your turn, but someone is coming out of a parking lot and turning right, you have to sit and wait for them to make their turn.  There's actually signs, saying Left Turn Must Yield.  I think in California, the right turn driver would wait until it was clear to make their turn.  It's something I have to remember when I'm out and about.

This is Super Bowl weekend, so we're excited to watch the Carolina Panthers play (and win!)  Elaina is planning our snacks and dinner for the day and Abby is all ready:



Well, that's it for today.  Tomorrow is a parade and community activity for the 75th anniversary of the Second Marine Division, and also the USO anniversary.  I hope to write more after all of that.







No comments: