Sunday, February 14, 2016

Miscellaneous

It's been very cold here this week. Yesterday morning Elaina told me to look out on the backyard deck.  What I saw looked like someone had broken a glass and there were tiny little pieces of glass everywhere.  Except, it wasn't glass, it was ice chips!  They were probably blown off the trees by the wind, and ended up looking like broken glass spread over the deck.  I wish I had a photo, but I'm sure they wouldn't have shown up much in the picture. That's something I've never seen before.

We have some people with interesting names running for office around here.  I'm seeing their signs posted along the roads and highways.  Some names seem like "only in the south" type of names like Buck Newton, and Junior Freeman.  (Sound like Dukes of Hazard?)  There's an interesting woman who is running for county commissioner.  She's originally from Los Angeles and is also a pastor at a local church.  Her name?  Million-Heir Williams.  I know.  She is also a successful small business woman and on the chamber of commerce. Maybe having an unusual name helps you get noticed more.  I don't know Million, but I have a feeling she's a force to be reckoned with.

Yesterday Elaina and I went to Cedar Point. We were expecting to go to an open air market, but they only had a small car show and some food trucks.  We each got something from Tata Jo's food truck which is owned by a French family who cook and bake French food.  Elaina had an omelet and I had a raspberry crepe.  It was so cold with a cold breeze besides, that we ate in the car! Yummy.  We also went to the Friendly Market, where Elaina used to buy her fresh produce and herbs and things.  They have a great bakery where I bought some cinnamon rolls. We visited some thrift stores in Morehead City but didn't find anything worth buying.  Sad face here.

Today is Valentines Day.  I made scrambled eggs for both of us and I had a cinnamon roll.  Best one I've had in a long time.  Mom loved to make and eat cinnamon rolls.  One of her favorite things to bake! So, a cinnamon roll for Valentines Day in honor of Mom!

I better close and get something done, like laundry and dish washing.  Such an exciting Valentines Day.






2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like a good day. We don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day. Just another day to us.
Wish I had a cinnamon roll though. :)

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Million Heir! Gotta love it.