Saturday, February 27, 2016

Went to the USO this morning for breakfast.  They serve breakfast for the public every Saturday for $8.00 (all you can eat) as a fundraiser.  The volunteer coordinator asked the volunteers to come today just to meet each other and get USO news.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and pancakes. Not a bad deal for "all you can eat."

The table I was at was a mix of people; some young Marine wives, some older men who are retired Marines and long-time volunteers, and me.  We had to stand up and give our name and say something about ourselves.  You know how much I love doing that!  Ugh.

Anyway, it was nice.  At least next time I work at something, I may not remember names, but I may be able to say, "We were at the same table at breakfast..."







2 comments:

Sue said...

That's so awesome! Did I tell you that I'm proud of you for working with the USO? That is a big change for you.

Cynthia Avalos said...

Yes, thanks!