Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Severe Weather Alert...

We have severe weather advisories coming at us from lots of sources. This picture may not be readable, but we are within the light orange colored area which means "enhanced" weather conditions.



















 I need to watch the weather reports on TV most of the day to find out what's happening in our area.  I'm supposed to go to the bathtub if there's reports of tornadoes in our area.  There aren't any windows in my bathroom, so that's a good thing. Elaina is at work, but I'm hoping she will be sent home before the weather gets really bad.

It's raining here at 9 this morning with some gusty winds but nothing major.  I watched the squirrels running around the backyard this morning like they were in a hurry to run their errands before the bad weather comes.  They were running around the yard and up the trees, then back down the trees and back across the yard. Busy, busy.

Speaking of squirrels, when Abby is headed out the back door and sees squirrels on the lawn, she takes off running and LEAPS off the top step of the deck and goes after them like they are little intruders in HER yard!  How dare they, she thinks.  However, they are faster and nimbler than she is and besides that, they can climb trees!  Her paws reach up the tree as far as they can but the squirrels are long gone. 

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I'm sure I'll be writing again soon, after the "severe" weather condition.  Can't say I'm not a little nervous...









No comments: